- Make sure you are logged in and it should be listed here. If it is not, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes. The Board provided the Kick-a-thon fundraising structure with national prizes as a framework for participating members, but other fundraising methods can be used and participants can still qualify for prizes.
For example, at the 2014 National Festival in Salt Lake City, Utah, Sa Bom Nim Dae Kyu Chang reported that he had superior results using a break-a-thon fundraising model where participants donated to perform breaking and then also received instruction about breaking as part of their experience.
Other instructors have inquired about doing:
- Garage Sales
- Walk-a-thons to involve parents & non students
- Car Washes
- Bake Sales
Adding a bit of creativity to your fundraising strategies may yield some surprising results for your school while also raising funds to support the Moo Duk Kwan. [/su_spoiler] [su_spoiler title="Can I host a Kick-a-thon?" style="modern-light"]
- While the fundraising purpose is currently the same, the National Festival Moo Duk Kwan® Kick-a-thon is different than studio or regional kick-a-thons. The national one is hosted by TAC and is a high level training opportunity offered by the TAC only at the National Festival and which is only accessible to qualified attendees who have acquired any amount of sponsor donations. Learn more about it at www.festival.soobahkdo.org
- Refer to the Prize update posts on the website and the Prizes and Rules on the reverse side of your Sponsor Pledge Sheet.
- Log in and visit your personal fundraiser page and an EDIT button will appear on the top left hand side just above the GOAL box. Click the Edit button.
- You can email friends, family and potential sponsors the custom URL you set for your page during activation of your fundraiser. For example: http://mykickathon.com/give/johndoe/
- You can also post your link on your social network sites like Facebook, twitter, etc.
- You can also write your link on your sponsor pledge sheet for reference and/or write it on any business cards, studio free intro cards, etc. that you may hand out to potential sponsors when you speak with them.
- If multiple studios schedule their Kick-a-thons together and each individual participant and/or studio owner submits their respective proceeds to Headquarters without mixing proceeds with others, then the prize winners can still be determined and awarded per studio.
- In the rules and prizes information it indicates that the person raising the most per studio will win prizes.
- Sponsors who want to receive a tax deduction receipt via email for their donation can:
- make their donation online at www.soobahkdofoundation.org and indicate that their donation should be attributed to you in the notes section.
- make their donation check payable to “United States Sooo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan FOUNDATION" and provide their email address in the memo line of the check. A tax deduction receipt will be emailed to them from the FOUNDATION.
- Send all collected donations to:
- United States Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation
- 20 Millburn Ave Floor 2
- Springfield, NJ 07081
- Submit separate sponsor sheets for each participant listing all donations acquired by a particular student in order for prize winners to be calculated at the studio and national levels.
- On each sponsor sheet identify any sponsors of a student who expect to receive a tax-deductible receipt from the FOUNDATION and be sure to include their email address on the memo line of their payment instrument.
- On each individual student's sponsor sheet, indicate which sponsors made their donations in cash and then convert all cash donations into a safe payment instrument and send it along with sponsor sheets.
- No. Please refrain from doing this if at all possible.
- Commingling funds in this manner creates several problems such as identifying donors who are expecting a tax-deduction receipt from the FOUNDATION and identifying individual donor amounts attributed to each student in order to calculate prize winners and identifying individual donors to send them "Thank You" messages.
- Also, if you accept checks from donors that happen to be returned NSF at a later date, then you may not be able to collect on those and you would lose as a result of having commingled funds.
- The best practice is to submit all donations and sponsor sheets individually.
Latest posts by Moo Duk Kwan® Kick-a-thons (see all)
- The One and Only Moo Duk Kwan Campaign - 2015/11/15
- Kicking Cookies Raise $266
Karate Cookie Chaos in The Pan Yielded Donations In The Hand - 2014/12/06
- Unclaimed Prizes Expire - 2014/09/05