On August 17,2015 the United States Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation® successfully concluded its most ambitious public education initiative to date when it prevailed in a landmark trademark infringement defense action originally initiated April 10, 2012.
The U.S. Federation won an historic court verdict and substantial monetary judgment against Moo Duk Kwan® trademark infringers thus reconfirming the U.S. Federation's right to exclusive use of the Moo Duk Kwan® name.
In May, 2015 Bill Nelson, Sa Bom Nim took action to personally support the Board of Director's fundraising efforts to recoup various costs incurred during this multi-year public education action that focused on stopping consumer deception and educating the public about the uniqueness of the Moo Duk Kwan® martial art organization and its rich history.
He originally announced his goal to all Moo Duk Kwan® certified studio owners and requested their support raising $1000 per studio in honor of the Moo Duk Kwan® 70th Anniversary and he expressed his plans to present Moo Duk Kwan® President, H.C. Hwang Kwan Jang Nim with a list of donors who responded to his personal requests for their support.
- He personally called, emailed and mailed letters to each Moo Duk Kwan® Certified studio owner requesting their support to conduct a fundraiser.
- He issued a personal $100 Challenge to all fellow Moo Duk Kwan® Ko Dan Ja
- He acquired the endorsement of the Technical Advisory Committee and support of the Federation Board of Directors to enlist Hu Kyun In members to present educational seminars around the country.
On November 15, 2015 he announced that he is extending the deadline for contributions to January 15, 2016 so that the generosity of as many donors as possible can be reflected in the list of names he will present at that time to Moo Duk Kwan® President, H.C. Hwang Kwan Jang Nim.
These are the generous members who responded to his call for action to date and he indicates that he would love to add your name to the list before January 15, 2016.
[List of each donor name forthcoming]
He invites you to join your fellow Moo Duk Kwan® supporters and Moo Duk Kwan® alumni by extending your generous financial support for this campaign before January 15, 2016 and become part of the Moo Duk Kwan's history with your kind donation.
Latest posts by Moo Duk Kwan® Kick-a-thons (see all)
- The One and Only Moo Duk Kwan Campaign - 2015/11/15
- Kicking Cookies Raise $266
Karate Cookie Chaos in The Pan Yielded Donations In The Hand - 2014/12/06
- Unclaimed Prizes Expire - 2014/09/05